Donate a different amount
Recent Forum Posts
One of the first ways to promote safety within leash free parks is to establish the rules. These are not placed to hinder or limit anyone, but to prevent altercations and issues for our dogs. If the rules are enforced and followed, many problems can be avoided. Dog owners must take the initiative to be responsible and conscientious individuals, ensuring that their actions support the privilege of sharing parkland and open spaces with the community.
1. The park is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
2. Proof of up-to-date rabies and license tags are a requirement.
3. Use the off-leash dog park is at your own risk.
4. Leash your dog while entering and exiting.
5. Keep your dog within sight and under verbal control. Specifically, control your dog to prevent and avoid conflict.
6. Clean-up after your dog - Always remember to SCOOP UP THE POOP!
7. Do not allow your dog to chase wildlife.
8. No puppies under 4 months of age, female dogs in heat, sick dogs or aggressive/out of control dogs.
9. No glass containers, food or toys. No smoking within the fenced area or within 20m outside of the fence.
10. Children must be supervised by an adult.
11. Off-leash area users are subject to the Dog Owners' Liability Act.
12. Fill the holes if your dog digs.
13. Help keep the park clean, and work as a group.
14. Pitbulls as defined under the Ontario law must be muzzled and leashed at all times - whether they are in an Off-Leash Dog Park or not.
*rules respectfully borrowed from LDOA